Please follow these recommendations after your permanent makeup procedure
1. Ice the area consistently during the first 24 hours after the procedure. You should do this in 15-minute periods. That is: ice for 15, rest for 15. Put the ice inside a plastic bag and then wrap it around a towel so it is not so uncomfortable. By icing the area you avoid swelling and the skin heals quicker.
2. Apply Vaseline or Vitamin E three times a day during the first two weeks after the procedure. Rinse or wipe off the area between each application.
- Avoid taking in direct sunlight during the first two weeks. Wear a hat and sunglasses when going out.
- Avoid saunas, hot tubs or pools (chloride) during the first two weeks.
- Try not to shower for prolonged periods of time and avoid using very hot water. You can protect the area by applying some Vaseline before showering.
- Do not rip off the scabs that will form. If you do, you might peal away some of the pigment along with the scab and you will then have colorless patches on the area.
- Do not use Retin A or any glycolic acid on pigmented areas while healing.
NOTE: The success of the procedure depends on how well you follow the aftercare instructions.
Should you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.